Strategic Planning creates a focused opportunity for board members and staff to think intentionally about the organization’s future direction and collectively consider:
- What is the most potent vision we can foresee?
- What is changing in the world that impacts our mission?
- What scale do we need to be functioning at to achieve this vision?
- What can we stop doing?
- What capacities and or infrastructure do we need to develop?
- What partners should we approach for collaboration or affiliation?
Through a progression of well-informed discussions, board and staff coalesce around a compelling organizational vision and then develop strategies and benchmarks to move toward that vision. This process engages all parts of the organization while developing strategic thinking muscles. The result is a well-crafted sustainability plan that guides future decision-making and helps navigate the continual dance between planning and being responsive.
Interested? Contact Deb Burwell with Paddling the Rapids (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a time to explore whether a Paddling the Rapids Leadership Forum is a good match for you.
Contact: Deb Burwell
Skilled Facilitator and Strategic Planner Dedicated to Supporting Nonprofit and Community Leaders.